It’s Green! It’s Golf! It’s Grand! Fairway Pines is Minnesota’s first golf community to feature homes exclusively with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification. This “green” cottage is nestled on The Pines golf course amongst Grand View Lodge Resort’s amenities. It consists of 1,344 square feet of one-level resort living. View & […]
Tour a home going through the LEED for Homes program that is targeting LEED Platinum and is substantially complete on Dec 12.
LEED for Homes projects in Chicago’s western suburbs are being listed on the Northern Illinois MLS for prospective home buyers. Four models are available ranging from 3,000 – 3,600 square feet, each featuring 4 bedrooms and 3+ bathrooms. All models are targeted at the Certified level within the LEED for Homes rating system, although upgrades are available that may improve the certification level.
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity announced yesterday the opening of the Solar & Wind Energy Rebate Program. The rebates can total 30% for residential and business applicants, and 50% for public sector and non-profit entities with a maximum of $50,000.
The Green Home Institute has put together a two and a half hour seminar, “Demystifying LEED for Homes for Building Professionals” to help builders, architects, real estate developers, and other professionals to learn about the LEED for Homes rating system. The first seminar offering will be Tuesday, December 1, 2009 in Chicago.
Green Home Institute
PO Box 68164
Grand Rapids MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
Toll Free: (888) 533-3274
- GreenHome Institute continues Green Affordable Housing Initiative after receiving Wege Foundation Grant.
- Welcome our New LEED for Homes Primary Quality Assurance Director (PQAD) – Christin Kappel
- Jeff Dombrowski, affordable housing developer to lead GHI as president through 2018
- Danny McGee, Sustainability Consultant takes Vice President Roll on GHI Board
- Dave Dye, sustainable homes designer joins GHI Board and takes on secretary position.