There are two types of green insurance policies for homeowners. One covers buildings that already meet stringent efficiency and sustainability standards. The other offers the option to replace any losses incurred on the property with more environmentally sensitive materials. Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. of Novato, Calif., was one of the first companies to introduce homeowners […]
Our very own LEED-Platinum home in Chicago has won recognition from other builders for its innovative design and construction. The Yannell residence made Builder Magazine’s Top Ten Coolest houses in 2009
We’re pleased to share developing news that Northern Illinois’ Mulitple Listing Service (MLS), will be adding support for green building features in 2010. This development is something we at LEEDforHomesIllinois.org have been keeping a close eye on, and are very pleased to see this implemented. An official announcement is likely forthcoming in the new year. The […]
This homes siding is a hand hewn cedar log siding from Homestead Timbers with Anderson windows. The project will be topped off with a burgundy metal standing seam roof. The interior will be using a lot of recycled content, including cabinets for the wet bar and laundry room. Vanity tops for two bathrooms various columns […]
LEED for Homes projects have relatively simple documentation requirements. The forms are all contained in one Excel file, making the documentation requirements for a LEED for Homes project much simpler than what is needed for other LEED projects.
Green Home Institute
PO Box 68164
Grand Rapids MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
Toll Free: (888) 533-3274
- Come See the GHI Executive Director, Brett Little, Speak at the Net Zero Build Summit in Novi, Michigan on March 24-25, 2020
- Brainerd Park Apartments – LEED Gold + 100% Affordable
- What are the top 5 YouTube green building education sessions of 2019?
- Will Gallmeyer, Green Projects Group joins GHI Board of Directors in 2019, Elected Treasurer
- Kay T. Rose, Hope Network Housing Development Corp joins GHI Board of Directors in 2019