One of the main barriers to high-performance low energy new and existing homes retrofits is a lack of proper appraisals and a misunderstanding from lenders on total value.
Green Energy Money provides education as marketing platforms that support valuing, quantifying and financing green homes. This introductory overview encompasses new appraisal methodology that allows expanded guidelines to include potential green premium values. We will review appraisal valuation methods, as well as conventional loan products and incentives offered within the current secondary and private financial markets. Get your clients the resources they need to better homes a reality.
1. Provide tools and resources including solar, green energy reduction calculators and methodology to perform a recognized, quantified “green” appraisal valuation
2. Illustrate distinctions between Green, Energy Efficient, and High-Performance housing
3. Describe the landscape of empirically based Energy Rating Systems
4. Describe opportunities to finance high-performance building with existing Fannie Mae, FHA, and various construction lending loan products
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
- NARI Green
- Certified Green Professional (CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- May be applicable to your state-based design or contractor license*
Teresa Lopez has implemented new and existing financial products to meet the evolving demand for mortgage financing in communities around the country for over 35 years. Her expertise in working with mortgage, real estate, green building and science industries affords companies a leading position in the market place. Teresa’s key strengths include:
– Team player, highly skilled communicator, relationship driven
– Efficiencies in developing innovative products, processes and systems
– Highly effective at introducing new products and services that drive markets
– Known as a “green” financial leader with the ability to deliver strategies and new revenue opportunities to markets
Teresa successfully promotes creative solutions, new ideas and consistently finds new mechanisms and alternatives for promoting, educating and funding residential and commercial building projects. She is a certified, national licensed mortgage banker and recognized authority in the green mortgage financing arena; resulting in financial benefits for consumers, builders, business owners, corporations, and financial institutions. She has closed well over $1 Billion in loan transactions during her career.