Find out what six products can be included in homes that are both green and universal design. Professionals will learn about the benefits of universal design and what products can be selected to make life easier and are energy and water efficient. Our speaker uses a wheelchair for mobility and references her own Frank Lloyd Wright inspired Prairie Style home in Columbus, Ohio in this interactive and information-packed session. She in her personal experiences as she illustrates six products in the home that provide ease of living, energy, and water efficiency.
1. Define the terms universal design and visitability.
2. Recognize six products that include universal design and green building features: flooring, windows, toilets, showerheads/hand showers, doors and landscape pavers.
3. Be able to compare the cost of products that have both green building and universal design features.
4. Communicate the long-term value of universal design and green building features and products to their clients.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
1 hour in
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- BPI Non-Whole House (1/2 credit*)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
Instructor: Rosemarie Rossetti
She speaks to and consults with builders, remodelers, developers, architects, interior designers, Realtors, occupational therapists, and consumers that want to create inspired and livable homes. Her presentations and consulting help people integrate universal design and green building features and products. She and her husband, Mark Leder, led the team that designed and built their home, the nationally-acclaimed Universal Design Living Laboratory, www.udll.com the demonstration home and garden in Columbus, Ohio. This is the top-rated universal design home in North America with ZeroStep Certification, Silver certification on the LEED for Homes program from the U. S. Green Building Council and a Gold rating from the Home Innovations Research Labs, subsidiary of the National Association of Home Builders on the ICC 700-2008 National Green Build Standard.
Need Continuing Education?
Course Certificate Cost: $30.00
GHI Members: Free
How to get CEUS?
1. Download the couse quiz in the link above.
2. Complete the correct answers by highlighting them red.
3. Send the document to info@greenhomeinstitute in the same format with answers highlighted. Make sure you include a note on what CEUS you need and you AIA number if applicable
4. Pay the $30.00 invoice sent to you or send a coupon code for freebies or discounts. GHI members are free.
5. If you receive an 80% passing rating you will be approved for CEUS but if you do not you will be notified and can retake it at no cost!
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
- Green Home and Sustainability Feb 2024 Jobs Round-up
- IL scores 2nd place in the top 10 LEED States in the nation, putting the Midwest on the map!
- GHI Education Manager stays warm in cold snap using heat out of the air
- January 24 Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round Up
- GHI education manager reduced energy and carbon emissions down 40%+ in 2023