When it comes to building, remodeling, designing or developing GreenHome’s that are above code, there are many different labels to choose from. Each greenhome certification comes with different requirements, opportunities, costs, 3rd party oversight and tools and resources to guide you.
Which is right for you and your clients?
In this session we will help you make sense of the different GreenHome certification labels by comparing and contrasting LEED for Homes, National Green Building Standard, GreenStar Homes, Green Communities, Passive House, DOE Zero Energy Ready Home, Energy Star for Homes and the Living Building Challenge. We will look each system individually and then together through the lens of cost, 5 key categories, 3rd party oversight requirements, popularity, growth, changes and even political affiliations. You will also learn which programs apply best to different building types; Single/ multi family, mid rise, rehabs, remodels and additions and new construction across market and rate and affordable housing will all be discussed.
Are you ready for constantly changing energy & green codes, the expanding of the new Green MLS and the growth of the 80 billion dollar residential greenhome market?
- Be able to articulate the difference between the MPG Home Energy programs such as HERS, HES and EPS
- Understand how to utilize one certification program to achieve another
- Know the basics of and how to compare/contract LEED, NGBS,Green Communities, GreenStar, Living Building Challenge, Passive House and Energy Star
- Know where to get more resources, training and tools to succeed in Health, Welfare and Safety and GREEN in your next residential project
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
2 Hours in
- AIA – LU|HSW
- NARI – Green
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Design & Contractor Licence may apply
Course is free to watch
Download course handout here
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733