When designing, remodeling or building an above code high-performance home it can be difficult to communicate these goals to contractors and subcontractors. Join us as we are lead by Carl Seville, author of Green Building: Principals and Practices in Residential Construction, who will take us through tips and tricks for developing green bids, scopes of works, specifications as well as tips for managing the job site to ensure the home is better.
- Be able to articulate the basic difference of contracts for code built projects vs healthy green projects
- How to start on implementing a system and process beyond just safety, quality and code compliance
- Basics of assembling a multidisciplinary project team for green project success
- Know where to find more resources to build/design greener for the welfare of all
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
Carl Seville is a consultant, educator, and speaker on sustainability for the residential construction industry. His firm, SK Collaborative consults on and provides green certification for single and multifamily buildings. Previously he owned and operated SawHorse, Inc, one of the largest design/build renovation firms in Atlanta for over 25 years. While at SawHorse, he was instrumental in the development of the EarthCraft House renovation program and personally supervised the pilot projects. He has won more than 100 industry awards and has held numerous leadership positions in the building and remodeling industries including the board of the Atlanta branch of the USGBC. In addition to his duties at SK Collaborative, he blogs as the Green Curmudgeon at GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, and serves as half of the Green Police in Hanley Wood’s video product reviews. He is the co- author of the Green Building, Principles and Practices in Residential Construction, the first college textbook on green building, and the LEED for Homes Version 4 Reference Guide. Carl is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design where he studied architecture, fine arts, and design.
Course Is Free by scrolling past payment form. Pay to access quiz and take it while you watch the session
Course Certificate Cost: $30.00
GHI Members: Free
Webinar CE Education Quiz
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
- Green Home and Sustainability Feb 2024 Jobs Round-up
- IL scores 2nd place in the top 10 LEED States in the nation, putting the Midwest on the map!
- GHI Education Manager stays warm in cold snap using heat out of the air
- January 24 Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round Up
- GHI education manager reduced energy and carbon emissions down 40%+ in 2023