The course focuses on airborne pollutants and chemicals associated with adverse health effects. Participants who complete this course will be able to identify common contaminants and design appropriate remediation strategies, as well as identify emerging product capture technologies.
- Understand the relationship between indoor environmental quality (IEQ) and indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Identify common indoor air contaminants and describe their adverse effects
- Describe how to improve IAQ using different remediation strategies
- Understand the sources of volatile organic compounds and formaldehyde gas, as well as describe the different contaminant capture technologies available in the marketplace
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
Lucas Hamilton is St Gobain/Certainteed’s Building Science expert and is one of the leaders in the industry in educating and solving problems on building performance. He has more than a decade of experience in forensic field investigations and expert testimony in construction defect litigation with 20 years’ experience in computer modeling and simulation of building performance. He is an advisor to the Clinton Global Initiative Sustainable Buildings subcommittee.
Download course handout here
Course Certificate Cost: $50.00
GHI Members: Free
Course Is Free by scrolling past payment form. Pay to access quiz and take it while you watch the session
Course Certificate Cost: $30.00
GHI Members: Free
Webinar CE Education Quiz
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
- Green Home and Sustainability Feb 2024 Jobs Round-up
- IL scores 2nd place in the top 10 LEED States in the nation, putting the Midwest on the map!
- GHI Education Manager stays warm in cold snap using heat out of the air
- January 24 Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round Up
- GHI education manager reduced energy and carbon emissions down 40%+ in 2023