Learn about a new outdoor paving application that combines the benefits of permeable pavers and black locust that can be used instead of traditional concrete. The course will begin with the overview of the Black Locust Tree and its architectural and environmental benefits. Next we will discuss the topic of permeable pavers and their sustainability. Finally, we will cover the advantages of combining black locust with permeable pavers to make a sustainable alternative to concrete pavers.
- Understand ground paving impact on water resources
- Have a working knowledge of permeable pavers
- Understand the application and sustainability of Black Locust as a paving material
- Identify the proper applications of black locust permeable pavers
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
1 Hour in
- State Architect / Builder License.
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & NAHB)
- Certified GreenHome Professional
Atara Jaffe represents Black Locust Lumber, the longest leading provider of Black Locust Products in North America. Atara holds a B.A. from Tulane University in Environmental Studies and a Permaculture Design Certificate. She has a background in sustainable building, agriculture, education and conservation.
Course is free to watch
Course Certificate Cost: $50.00
GHI Members: Free
Access exam and pay at Construction-Ed.com
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
- Green Home and Sustainability Feb 2024 Jobs Round-up
- IL scores 2nd place in the top 10 LEED States in the nation, putting the Midwest on the map!
- GHI Education Manager stays warm in cold snap using heat out of the air
- January 24 Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round Up
- GHI education manager reduced energy and carbon emissions down 40%+ in 2023