LEED for Homes is a residential green building certification that applies to all residential projects from remodels to new construction and from single family to high rise mixed use multifamily. With over 100,000 certified homes, this is an internationally recognized green building rating system that can help you make your next project better. Join us as we go through the highlights of the program, requirements, certification process, case studies, lessons learned and how to work with your verification team.
Bonus: We will also discuss the highlights of upcoming changes of the Version 4 rating system and what to expect.
- Know where to find more resources to build, design, or remodel healthier and better residential buildings
- Understand how LEED improves the safety and welfare of people and communities through more efficient homes
- Articulate the certification process of LEED for Homes and how it is different from commercial
- Know where to get information on the LEED H and becoming an accredited professional
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
1 Hour in
- GBCI (LEED H Specific)
- CGP (NARI/NAHB)
- State contractor or designer license may apply
Brett Little, LEED APH, LFA, GHP – Executive Director at the GreenHome Institute since 2010, Brett is a 2014 30 under 30 Home Energy Magazine Entrepreneur award recipient. Brett helps educate people on the basics of residential green building and lives in MI’s 1st GreenStar remodel of 1920’s existing home. He lives in Beer City USA (Grand Rapids) with his wife and son and sits on the USGBCWM board of directors since 2012.
Click here to add your own text
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
- Green Home and Sustainability Feb 2024 Jobs Round-up
- IL scores 2nd place in the top 10 LEED States in the nation, putting the Midwest on the map!
- GHI Education Manager stays warm in cold snap using heat out of the air
- January 24 Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round Up
- GHI education manager reduced energy and carbon emissions down 40%+ in 2023