Duct-free heating and cooling is on the rise in the US. The benefits include reduced installation & equipment costs, increased comfort and energy efficiency along with healthier indoor air quality. Join as we discuss the benefits and differences of these systems are and how you can use unique ventilation strategies to get balanced conditioned air into rooms that do not supply vents.
- How DHP’s work – A quick tour from compressor to condenser and their safety
- Why they make sense and improves welfare- how heating the mass continuously is more efficient than set back thermostats
- What to look for – understanding the AHRI acronyms and which are important to you.
- Learn more about zonal control and occupant health
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
1 Hour in
- State Architect / Builder License.
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & NAHB)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
Ken Nelson has been with Panasonic, working in both Ventilation and Ductless Heat Pumps for the last eight years. He consults with builders, architects, and engineers as well as working with energy raters and building science professionals both Nationally and throughout the Northwest. Ken has spoken at universities, colleges and builder groups on basic building science over the past five years.
Course is free to watch
Course Certificate Cost: $50.00
GHI Members: Free
Access exam and pay at Construction-Ed.com
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
- GHI partners with the Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) to expand new CEUS
- Green Home and Sustainability Feb 2024 Jobs Round-up
- IL scores 2nd place in the top 10 LEED States in the nation, putting the Midwest on the map!
- GHI Education Manager stays warm in cold snap using heat out of the air
- January 24 Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round Up