Many participants in the ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise (MFHR) Program are also interested in pursuing green building certifications for their high-performance buildings. This webinar will identify the similarities and differences between the ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise program and the LEED for Homes Rating System (2010 and v4), Enterprise Green Communities 2015 and how ENERGY STAR MFHR certification can be a complementary certification. To demonstrate this, specific LEED for Homes prerequisites and credits will be highlighted with respect to ENERGY STAR MFHR requirements, and the inspection/verification processes will also be compared.
1) Gain familiarity with the ENERGY STAR MFHR program.
2) Understand the ENERGY STAR MFHR requirements and process as a part of the Energy & Atmosphere
3) Identify the similarities and differences between the ENERGY STAR MFHR Program and the LEED for Homes Rating Systems (v2010 and v4).
4) Learn about how ENERGY STAR MFHR can help a project earn LEED & EGC Certification.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
1 Hour in
- State Architect / Builder License.
- GBCI ( LEED APH Specific)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & NAHB)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
Instructor: Gayathri Vijayakumar
Gayathri Vijayakumar is a Senior Building Systems Engineer at Steven Winter Associates, Inc., a RESNET Accredited Rating Quality Assurance Provider. She graduated from the Pennsylvania State University with a BS in Engineering Science and from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a MS in Mechanical Engineering and a Graduate Certificate in Energy Policy and Management. Gayathri, an ASHRAE-certified Building Energy Modeling Professional, HERS Rater, and RESNET QA delegate, currently provides technical support to the EPA’s Multifamily High Rise program and has over 10 years of experience supporting ENERGY STAR certification of units in multifamily buildings.
Course is free to watch
Course Certificate Cost: $50.00
GHI Members: Free
Download course handout here
Access exam and pay at Construction-Ed.com
625 Kenmoor Ave SE Ste 350
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546-2395 US
Tel: (616) 458-6733
Toll Free: (888) 533-3274
- Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round-Up in September
- August Sustainability & Green Homes Job Round-Up
- GHI Education Manager picks up PEARL Platinum / Electric Home Badge. Details solar value.
- Partnering with Earth Advantage to Provide Certification Data to the Green Building Registry
- Welcome, John Pady, Board Director Class of 23 – 25