Take a behind-the-scenes look from design, to construction, to post-occupancy, of the Universal Design Living Laboratory, the national demonstration home and garden in Columbus, Ohio. This spectacular Frank Lloyd Wright inspired Prairie Style home is unlike any you’ve seen. Clever design features and meticulous detailing make this home convenient, accessible, functional, peaceful and safe for everyone during every stage of life — regardless of age, size, or physical ability. This high performance custom home showcases asked for, forward thinking features, such as universal design, green and healthy construction principles. You will learn about these benefits, and more, during a virtual tour of the home. The Universal Design Living Laboratory is the top rated universal design home in North America earning three national certifications that include, Home Innovations Lab NGBS Gold, Zero Step Gold and pending LEED for Homes.
- Incorporate universal design features into residential housing.
- Recognize universal design features in the kitchen, bath wardrobe/laundry, and entrance that provide for accessibility, independence, safety and comfort.
- Recognize problems in existing homes that limits accessibility and provide solutions to improve accessibility.
- Understand how GreenBuilding and Remodeling go hand in hand with Universal Design & Accessibility
Rosemarie Rossetti, Ph.D. is an internationally known speaker, writer, and consultant who works with design professionals and builders to help them integrate universal design and green building features into their projects. She and her husband, Mark Leder built the Universal Design Living Laboratory, the most ambitious national demonstration home and garden in Columbus, OH.
Continuing Education – hour
- 1 GBCI (LEED H Specific Pending)
- 1 AIA – LU|HSW
- 1 NARI Green
- State License may apply
Take action: Learn How gain extra points in LEED & GreenStar using accessibility features of this home.
This webinar is free to review. If you are interested in continuing education credits, you must follow the following steps:
2. Complete the Quiz with a 70% passing rate.