Ever wonder what goes into making a LEED Platinum candidate home? Now is your chance to tour a home going through the LEED for Homes program that is substantially complete. And best of all, the tour is free.
This unique project has been a labor of love by the homeowner, and includes features such as:
- reclaimed copper roof
- remnant stone from blast fragments as a facade
- vegetative green roof
- geothermal heat pump system
- soybean spray foam insulation
- super-efficient cold cathode lighting
- solar photovoltaic panels
- vertical axis wind turbine
- Net zero power consumption
Join us on Saturday, Dec 12 (following the Illinois Solar Energy Association membership meeting at 10:00 AM) for a tour of this unique green home located on the Northwest side of Chicago.
This home has not yet been certified, but a LEED Platinum level is anticipated.
Start Date: Dec 12, 2009
Start Time: 2:30
Register for the tour on our Events page.