Sustainable building is changing. Green Home Institute is proud to announce along with Earth Advantage, BuildingGreen, HeatSpring, NESEA, and many of the industry’s top thinkers, that we are teaming up to relaunch the Sustainable Building Advisor (SBA) Program . The course launches in Fall 2015 with room for just 30 professionals. (click to learn more about becoming an SBA). GreenHome Institute will be serving as your feet on the street, in person project mentors to help you build greener and better and complete your SBA.
Here are 7 powerful free tools and lectures you can start on right now:
- Free Tool: Sustainable Building Advisor Student Guide
- Free Tool: Sustainable Building Advisor (SBA) Practice Test
- Free Lecture: “Integrative Design Process” with Bill Reed
- Free Lecture: “Life-Centered Design” with Carol Venolia
- Free Lecture: “Electrical Loads in High Performance Buildings” with Chris Calwell
- Free Lecture: “Low Carbon Building” with Bruce King
- Free Lecture: “High Performance Building Assemblies” with Peter Yost
You’ll meet great people, master new skills, and learn to see buildings in a new way. The course culminates with a capstone that offers real-world project experience.
Sustainable Building Advisors are architects, planners, builders, engineers, consultants, and building operators who value resilience, whole system thinking, and sustainable practices.
Becoming a Sustainable Building Advisor (SBA) is a three step process:
- Core Curriculum, including full membership at BuildingGreen.com and instruction from some of the world’s top sustainability experts.
- Project Experience, delivered within your local community by an approved field provider. – View a List of Current Providers
- Exam, which can be taken any time, at your own computer.
Continuing Education – CEUS – 10+ hours in
- GreenHome Professional (GHP)
- AIA (HSW)
- NARI Green
- State design or contractor liscences may apply
Registration includes full 1-year membership at BuildingGreen.com. You’ll use BuildingGreen’s tools, research, and data as part of your core SBA learning experience. Read more about each SBA program component.