Become a LEED Accredited Professional (AP) Homes
The GreenHome Institute is pleased to help you become a LEED AP, whether your interest is project consultation and/or becoming a LEED for Homes Green Rater.
As such, we have laid out a simple pathway for you below and attached the USGBC Guidance Documents to that.
There are many paths to becoming a LEED AP. However, this is the one we advise, and numerous attendees have told us this path works the best and is the easiest.
If you are already a GA, skip parts 2 -5 below.
- Become a GHI member – https://greenhomeinstitute.org/becomeamember/ to receive all materials free.
- Take our LEED Green Associate course for free (coming soon, not developed yet but contact Brett if you want to get on the list for the next class)
- We will get you all enrolled in this https://www.gbes.com/leed-green-associate-exam-prep/ for free if you or you company are members
- Take the practice exam multiple times until hitting at least 90% in all areas of green
- Schedule the real exam following the instructions in the LEED GA handbook listed on page 4 – 6
- Once you become a LEED GA, your next step is to take our Understanding LEED For Homes Course
course (free for members)
- Then we have enrolled you in the LEED AP Homes Practice Exam too (free for members)
- Take the practice exam multiple times until hitting at least 90% in all areas of LEED for Homes.
- Schedule the real AP HOMES exam (See the LEED AP Specialization candidate handbook document pg 4 – 7, 20 – 24 and 34 – 35)
- At this time, you now may qualify to become a LEED Green Rater. Learn more here