Annual Pay: $30,000
Time Commitment: 40 hrs./week
Start Date: May 1st preferred
HFHM needs assistance with two programs. The Sustainable Building program works directly within the HFHM office and with Habitat affiliates to increase their capacity to build, rehabilitate and repair healthy, safe, energy and resource-efficient homes. The Prison Build Program is a partnership between HFHM and the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) that provides Habitat partner families with affordable products built with high quality craftsmanship while supporting the education of prisoners for reentry into society.
Habitat is looking for a Programs Support Specialist who will support the Sustainable Building and Prison Build programs and report to our Program Director. Responsibilities may include:
- assistance with development of low-income energy efficiency programs, including “Energy Efficiency Improvements for Habitat for Humanity of Michigan” –pilot project conducted in partnership with U of M graduate student team
- maintenance of construction-based webpages and electronic media,
- event and training coordination,
- lead HFHM Green Team in developing and implementing new sustainable office practices and policy,
- process product orders and construction material requests,
- delivery and pick-up logistical coordination,
- customer service to Habitat affiliates and vendors,
- serve as the main contact for information exchange between correctional facilities and Habitat affiliates,
- special projects relating to the development and growth of these programs, and
- other tasks relating to the Habitat for Humanity mission.
An excellent candidate for this position will include a high degree of organization and planning skills, the ability to work independently with very little guidance, customer service experience, and the ability to multi-task. Experience with building materials and/or construction-related projects is preferred but not required.
Feel free to read about Habitat for Humanity of Michigan, programs, affiliates, and mission at www.habitatmichigan.org