The GreenHome Institute is seeking candidates for serving on our Board of Directors and our various Board Committees. GreenHome Institute (GHI) is a nonprofit organization that empowers professionals and homeowners to make healthier and more sustainable choices in the places we live. GHI provides education for persons desiring to learn more about sustainable housing and certification training for persons seeking accreditation in LEED and other sustainability programs. GHI also provides project consultation for single or multifamily residential construction, whether it be new or renovation projects.
We are seeking candidates that have a strong passion for the environment, social equity, and providing quality and affordable housing for everyone.
Board of Director Responsibilities & Details:
- Term: Two Years with 3 terms allowed in total.
- Ability advance to officership if desired
- Vote on pertinent issues.
- Direct and assist the Executive Director.
- Attend 75% monthly meetings with a virtual call-in available (currently no planned in-person meetings due to COVID19)
- Participate in a program committee and/or task force,
- Potentially facilitate volunteers or interns on key tasks.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Financial or membership commitments are encouraged