This multi-level home qualified as the first Minnesota Green Star home in the Mankato area. Residents of the home enjoy a lovely view of a large retention pond in the Sakatah Fields subdivision in Mankato. The home has the following eco-friendly features:
1) Energy Star windows, doors, furnace, appliances and air-conditioning.
2) Low-flow faucets, toilets and showers.
3) Eco-friendly grass is drought resistant and requires 50% less mowing.
4) Over half of the floors are hard surface contributing to improved indoor air quality.
5) South facing windows provide ample natural daylight and reduced winter heating costs.
This home demonstrates energy efficient, eco-friendly homes can still have excellent curb appeal and spacious family living space.
By Wilcon Construction
https://greenhomeinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/nicks-ext-crop-webhighres.jpg 369 879 Brett Little https://greenhomeinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/GHI_LOGO_optimized.png Brett Little2014-05-29 11:31:132016-09-02 17:13:01Wilcon Construction, Inc. - Project 2: New Home Bronze