GreenStar is a robust above code renovation, addition & new construction program to the market. This program ensures healthier, more durable homes that save energy and water thus reducing the cost of living and improving comfort. GreenStar is based on the five pillars of green; Energy,Health,Water, Materials & Place and how these are affected systematically by the seven components of a home including, Outdoor/Site, Building Envelope Systems, Mechanicals, Electrical/Lighting, Plumbing Systems and Fixtures, Finish Materials and Coatings and Waste Management.
Whether you’re remodeling a room, adding an addition or building new, take the guesswork out of building better!
Greenstar is continuously improved based on the changing nature of sound building science and works closely with our users to ensure the program is relevant and viable.
Green Home Institute
PO Box 68164
Grand Rapids MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
Toll Free: (888) 533-3274
- GreenHome Institute continues Green Affordable Housing Initiative after receiving Wege Foundation Grant.
- Welcome our New LEED for Homes Primary Quality Assurance Director (PQAD) – Christin Kappel
- Jeff Dombrowski, affordable housing developer to lead GHI as president through 2018
- Danny McGee, Sustainability Consultant takes Vice President Roll on GHI Board
- Dave Dye, sustainable homes designer joins GHI Board and takes on secretary position.