LEED for Homes Virtual Green Rater Training
With over 2 million LEED® for Homes™ registered spaces worldwide, LEED is the international rating system to ensure residential buildings are better. LEED requires third-party on-site verification and performance testing by a LEED Green Rater and demand is growing. Now residential and mixed-use projects of any size can go under the LEED for Homes rating system. If you’re interested in filling this need as part of USGBC’s LEED for Homes Green Rater program, this training is for you!
The LEED for Homes Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED for Homes projects.
- Nov / Dec 21 – On-demand resumed
- Personalized 1 on 1 or team training is also available on your time – Contact Brett.Little@greenhomeinstitute.org to schedule
All Students will
- Watch training videos online for each LEED Category on your time during the training period. These must be completed before the live course.
- Complete a LEED checklist workbook based on an example project
- Discuss questions with students and the instructor on an online chat forum in regards to each of the LEED category/credit
- Attend a 3-hour live session where we will go over your homework and other questions
- Complete all videos, assignments, and discussions by the last day and then take a practice quiz
- Be encouraged to take the GBCI Green Rater official quiz during the course with the group
- Access to a building science CEU course discount to help you complete your application
- Define the responsibilities of a LEED Green Rater in each phase of the project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the LEED v4 Homes and Multifamily Workbook
- Identify the location key resources
This course provides you with access to the online practice exam once you complete, access to all relevant LEED for homes files for documentation, Green Rater client contract draft, free access to an all-day LEED for Homes workshop recorded training, and the opportunity to get optional mentorship from a GHI Green Rater Team Member.
This training is intended for professionals with a minimum of three years experience in the residential construction industry and basic residential green building knowledge who are interested in providing verification services on LEED for Homes projects. Those with a background in on-site verification and/or energy rating are particularly qualified along with HERS, ASHRAE or BPI professionals.
This is also a great session for those managing a LEED project and what to know what the green raters will be looking for so that you make the project go smoother.
Continuing Education – 14 Hours (includes modules)
- GBCI / LEED AP Homes – 10.5 hours only
- BPI: 8.5 CEUs
- NARI Green
- Certified GreenHome Professional
*May be applicable to your local state-based design or contractor license
Cost and Registration
Bonuses! – Looking to become a National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Verifier? This is 1 pathway to get qualified for that credential.
Brett Little – Program Manager – LEED – AP Homes / Assistant Quality Control / Green Rater / Faculty