The topic of air and water purification seems simple, but there are many choices one needs to make based on the customers requirements. One size does fit all. This seminar will focus on the basics of both and provide the terminology, descriptions, pros and cons of portable units, whole house systems and target specific products. Primarily for residential contractors, builders architects and designers, a basic understanding of plumbing and HVAC terms would be helpful.
- How to assess the clients needs for healthy air/water purification
- Basics of determining the proper choice of air filtration media for client welfare
- Understand the different of Point of use water purification vs whole house systems
- How to choose the correct water filtration media for the safety of the occupant
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
1 Hour in
- CGP (NARI/NAHB)
- State contractor or designer license may apply
Andrew Pace, is an entrepreneur in the Milwaukee suburb of Waukesha, WI. For the past 25 years, Pace has studied and dealt in green and healthy home building and improvement products, and has earned a reputation as a national expert on such products. Along with being profiled in numerous publications, Pace has authored several articles about the construction of healthy homes, which have been published in regional and national magazines, such as Environmental Design & Construction, Ecological Home Ideas, and Paint Dealer magazines. Pace is a columnist and serves as an editorial advisor for Green Building Product Dealer magazine. Pace regularly shares his knowledge through online forums and blogs covering green and healthy home improvement and building topics. Further, his insights have been chronicled in print publications such as Home Improvement Magazine, based in Dallas, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Small Business Times, and others.
Course is free to watch
Course Certificate Cost: $30.00
GHI Members: Free
Download course handout here
Access exam and pay at Construction-Ed.com
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
- Green Home and Sustainability Feb 2024 Jobs Round-up
- IL scores 2nd place in the top 10 LEED States in the nation, putting the Midwest on the map!
- GHI Education Manager stays warm in cold snap using heat out of the air
- January 24 Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round Up
- GHI education manager reduced energy and carbon emissions down 40%+ in 2023