Similar to an energy score, a water score helps professionals and homeowners understand predicted water usage which is important for reducing utility costs of the home. It’s also essential to understand your project’s water impact because clean potable water globally is becoming a scarce resource and minimizing our use of water without sacrificing comfort or health is a goal for better homes.
GHI is partnering with the Green Builder® Coalition to pilot a water performance score pathway for GreenStar that helps derive predicted water usage and saving for new and existing residential properties. Learn how to use an informed guidance tool based on local rainfall and water costs to measure and mitigate storm water or catch valuable rainwater.
As part of the pilot, we are inviting qualified GreenStar professionals and raters to help take advantage of a first of its kind tool called the Water Efficiency Rating Score (WERS). Outside of GreenStar, HERS raters can add water to their business models as well as professionals who want to build better water performing homes can use this tool to make better decisions. Policy makers can use the WERS to make programs, codes, incentives or guidance for their local jurisdiction.
- How to assess the clients needs for healthy air/water purification
- Basics of determining the proper choice of air filtration media for client welfare
- Understand the different of Point of use water purification vs whole house systems
- How to choose the correct water filtration media for the safety of the occupant
Continuing Education Units (CEUS)
Laureen Blissard – Ms. Blissard holds Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in architecture from the University of Illinois and has built a successful 24-year+ practice in the design and construction of buildings, homes, and interiors. She is also a licensed architect in Illinois & Wisconsin as well as having received approval for reciprocal licensure designation in every state except California via NCARB certification (Certificate #62455). Currently Laureen is also one of the few fully certified Green Raters in the State of Illinois that resides in Illinois as well as having been the State’s first certified Green Rater. Laureen serves in the capacity of Technical Director for the Green Builder® Coalition. Current activities include advocacy for the IgCC as well as helping to promote a baseline residential green construction code. In her role as the technical director, Laureen authors articles for Green Builder® Magazine as well as provides technical advice in the construction of green homes and buildings with an emphasis on efficiency of the thermal envelope.
Course is free to watch
Download course handout here
ATTN José Reyna
1451 Lake Drive SE, #6484
Grand Rapids, MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
- Green Home and Sustainability Feb 2024 Jobs Round-up
- IL scores 2nd place in the top 10 LEED States in the nation, putting the Midwest on the map!
- GHI Education Manager stays warm in cold snap using heat out of the air
- January 24 Green Home & Sustainability Jobs Round Up
- GHI education manager reduced energy and carbon emissions down 40%+ in 2023