Before the ground completely thaws and the building season kicks off, Chicago’s local LEED for Homes provider, the Green Home Institute, is launching a series of green building seminars around the Chicagoland area. The class, titled Demystifying LEED for Homes for Building Professionals, is a comprehensive overview of the LEED for Homes green building rating […]
Ever wonder what goes into making a LEED home? Now is your chance to tour a home going through the LEED for Homes program that is substantially complete, pending final testing and verification. And best of all, the tour is free.
Recently, many people have told me they thought a LEED for Homes certification was going to cost many thousands of dollars – even over $10,000. This simply isn’t true, at least not when using the Green Home Institute (Green Home Institute) as the LEED for Homes Provider. So let’s bust this myth.
The Village of Northbrook has a great incentive program for green building. to promote Green building techniques in public and private sector construction projects, they are giving rebates for LEED-certified buildings. Northbrook uses the LEED rating system to distinguish different levels of sustainability in construction projects. In turn, for building green, there is a rebate […]
Tour a home going through a green gut-rehab on January 22. Located in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago, this LEED for Homes Registered project is resusing as much of the original 1890s structure as possible. The gut-rehab project is targetting LEED Platinum, and includes a Green Garage with a solar-powered awning providing power to the […]
Green Home Institute
PO Box 68164
Grand Rapids MI 49516
Tel: (616) 458-6733
Toll Free: (888) 533-3274
- GreenHome Institute continues Green Affordable Housing Initiative after receiving Wege Foundation Grant.
- Welcome our New LEED for Homes Primary Quality Assurance Director (PQAD) – Christin Kappel
- Jeff Dombrowski, affordable housing developer to lead GHI as president through 2018
- Danny McGee, Sustainability Consultant takes Vice President Roll on GHI Board
- Dave Dye, sustainable homes designer joins GHI Board and takes on secretary position.