GreenHome Institute (GHI) is a non-profit organization that works to empower people to make healthier and more sustainable choices in the renovation and construction of the place we live.
GHI is looking for a highly motivated individual that is able to self-manage. This is a remote position with no office location. About 30% of the job will require travel in the West Michigan area and to some degree the midwest at large.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
Webinars and online meetings.
- Setup and manage weekly webinars
- Invite attendees to webinars and answer questions
- Ensure Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) certificates are delivered
- Review feedback on the webinar surveys and plan way for improvement
- Search for potential professional speakers, Invite and facilitate webinar speakers (architects, builders, consultants, HVAC specialist, partner organizations etc.)
- Ensure sponsors are represented
- Create learning quizzes based on webinar content
- Ensure webinars are posted online and set up as on-demand videos.
- Manage event marketing and social media
- Website management and maintained
- Manage GHI newsletter
- Represent GHI at events, including public speaking with Executive Director (green drinks education series, certification trainings etc.)
- Manage all elements of meeting/event planning and logistics to meet business, client, customer satisfaction and learning objectives.
- Find specialist and experts that meet the mission of GHI to participate in events and oversee contracts with the experts (architects, builders, consultants, HVAC specialist, partner organizations etc.)
- Manage event marking and social media
- Distribute event CEU’s to attendees
- Provide the necessary event updates and information to stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to execute education programs and special events that support GHI’s mission and organizational strategy, business development and outreach.
- Develop and manage event budgets and simple project budgets. Budget management includes estimating and revising staff hours, facility, speaker and other expenses; estimating and revising sponsor, exhibitor and registration fee revenue; and forecasting.
- Ensure the necessary displays and materials are planned for and present at events.
- Assist with the creation and design of outreach materials
- Assist ED in bringing on new members and sponsors
- Assist ED in getting projects through green certification programs
- Assist ED with grant applications
- These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Have 1-2 years of experience in the marketing and communication field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; public speaking experience
- Conduct analysis of event effectiveness
- Handle multiple marketing events and projects simultaneously
- Ensure critical deadlines are met
- Conduct presentations for a variety of audiences
- Being located in West Michigan
- Being familiar with following programs; Gotomeeting / gotowebinar, WordPress, dropbox, Doodle, Google streak, Gmail, joinit, Basecamp, Eventbrite and Mailchimp
- Holding one of the following credentials LEED Green Associates, LEED AP, Passive House Consultant, Living Building Challenge ambassador,
- Have experience in photography, video production, graphic editing or design
- Experience with multiple forms of social media
- Experience with writing grants
40 hours a week
Starting at $35,000
Pay will progress as milestones are reached as more tasks are offloaded from the ED to you.
Benefits may be available with trade-offs in pay
GreenHome Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.