Co-sponsored with Priority Energy
There are currently over 140,000 registered LEED® for Homes™ projects worldwide and over 50,000 certified with each project requires third-party on-site verification and performance testing by a LEED Green Rater. If you’re interested in filling this need as part of USGBC’s LEED for Homes Green Rater program, this training is for you!
The two-part LEED for Homes Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED for Homes projects.
Applicants must meet/submit initial qualifications and complete a two-part training (this two-day workshop and an online course component). Following the training, participants will take a computer-based exam provided by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) and complete a mentorship on real projects before earning the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate. Must register by August 1st to be accepted.
- Identify responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater in each phase of a project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the project checklist file
- Communicate effectively with project teams and LEED for Homes Providers
- Apply the sampling protocol on applicable projects
- Prepare accurate and complete certification submittal packages
- Speak to major changes when V4 for Homes is launched
This training is intended for professionals with a minimum of three years’ experience in the residential construction industry and basic residential green building knowledge who are interested in providing verification services on LEED for Homes projects. Those with a background in on-site verification and/or energy rating are particularly qualified. This program is being co-sponsored with Priority Energy, a RESNET and BPI training provider.
This course, like all USGBC LEED education programs, meets GBCI eligibility requirements for the LEED Green Associate.
RESNET: 14 hours
BPI: 8.5 CEUs
GBCI CE: 14 hours (LEED Homes Specific)
AIA/CES: 14 HSW/SD Learning Units
BOMI: 14 (CPD)
CoreNet: 14 (CPD)
CSI: 1.6 (CEU)
NARI Green: 14 hours
Steps to Become a Green Rater
- Step 1: Meet LEED for Homes Green Rater Eligibility Qualifications and submit application form to USGBC.
- Step 2: Attend online live or recorded Implementing LEED for Homes Course ( LEED AP+Homes can skip step 2). There will be an offering the day before on Aug 26 for those interested.
- Step 3: Once accepted, complete five self-guided online learning modules prior to participating in the two-day LEED for Homes Green Rater Training.
- Step 4: Take and pass LEED for Homes Green Rater exam through GBCI.
- Step 5: Complete Green Rater Mentorship with a LEED for Homes provider within 24 months.
- Step 6: Receive LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
If you have any questions about Green Rater eligibility or working with a LEED for Homes provider, please contact Brett Little,
Bonus! – Become a GreenStar rater and assist contractors, remodelers and DYI homeowner’s on Green Certified remodeling projects that do no qualify for LEED. The GreenStar checklist and program will be reviewed during this class to make you an official GreenStar Rater.
Jason La Fleur, LEED AP+Homes and LEED for Homes Green Rater
Discounted lodging is available rooms at:
Must reserve before ….
Registration problems? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 458-6733
Do you Qualify for a 10% Discount? Local chapter members below do!
- HERS Rater
- NGBS Verfier
Contact us to get your coupon code 888 LEED APH ext 1, info@allianceES.org
Sign up now